Updated: Mar 9, 2020
With over 22,000,000 residents, the New York metropolitan area (tri-state area) is one of the most populated areas in the United States. So, it is quite natural why there are so many wedding videographers there. Of course, not all of the wedding videographers in the tri-state area are the same and some of them are much better than the others. Obviously, every couple wants the best for their wedding, so the question is – how to find the best wedding videographer in this area?
1. Check their style According to many experts, this is the most important step in the process. Cinematic and documentary are the two main styles of editing and shooting videos like this. The first option is more artistic while the second will capture everything on your wedding. The best wedding videographers have experience with both styles.
2. Check their portfolio Of course, this is another important activity that can help you make the right choice. So, ask your potential wedding videographer to play 2-3 wedding videos. You don’t have to watch the videos to the end – a simple highlight will be enough to determine whether you are looking for a professional or not.
3. Calculate the cost We all know that our wedding is not an event that we should try to save money on. However, this doesn’t mean that you should spend an unreasonable amount of money either. The main point, in this case, is to calculate the cost and understand what you will get for the money. A full HD video? A cinematic edit? Special effects?
4. Ask them about their equipment There are many people who say that it’s easy to create a video when you have experience and knowledge. However, we should not underestimate the importance of modern equipment. Technology has advanced a lot in the last few years and modern wedding videographers have access to relatively inexpensive, professional video equipment. (2) For instance, your wedding videographer must have a full HD camera. They also must have some accessories and additional pieces of equipment that can make their recording easier and more effective. It would best if they are using sophisticated editing software too.
5. Analyze their personality Your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life and it is quite natural to be focused on making this day perfect. The videographer will be present for the entire day and they will record everything that’s going on at the wedding. They will also have to communicate with you. That’s why it’s a smart move to opt for a wedding videographer that you find pleasant and interesting. You definitely don’t want to work with a videographer who is impolite and grumpy.